Sunday, July 26, 2015

So many fun things!!

After we finished the race, we all took showers and headed to the Saturday Market for lunch. It was so awesome! They had all kinds of booths with different crafts, clothing, fresh food, and food trucks. All the food we got was AMAZING too!!

As we were leaving, we saw Toadstool Cupcakes and 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' insisted we stop.
YOU GUYS!! I definitely know my way around a cupcake and I am not kidding when I say these were the BEST CUPCAKES I've ever had! I'm not even kidding!
They were mini too, so we tried a few flavors. So, so, so good!! I'm already looking it up to see if they ship to AZ!
After the life-changing cupcakes, we headed to a belated birthday party for 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' and his dad (their birthdays are a day apart). This is what I was most excited for- because the friends house who was hosting the party has a pet raccoon! 'Ray the Raccoon' and I was BEYOND excited to meet him!
Look at his teeny, tiny paws! Oh my gosh- I can't even handle it! 
My mom had a pet raccoon when she was younger and always talked about how fun it was and how he used to sleep in her shoes, so I could not wait to meet one in person! Since I was so excited, Kelcie, 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter's' step-mom, called on the way over to make sure they still had it. They didn't! About a week ago, they found a animal rehabilitation center that had 2 other raccoon's that were the same age as Ray! They would spend 2 years together at the center (until they reached adulthood) and then they would be released back to the wild. They figured that would be best for Ray (who they found out was a Rayanne! ;))
I was super happy that Ray would have friends and eventually be back in the wild, but I was so sad I didn't get to meet him! :(

BUT- I did get to see 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter's' step siblings and they are some of my favorite people!!
We had some of the BEST food and then had some amazing birthday pies for desserts (with other cakes, homemade, ice cream, rice krispy treats.... everything was SOOO good!!)
We left pretty early because the next day we had BIG plans: we were going white water rafting!! I've never been and it's on my bucket list, so I was pumped!!
We got to the water and got everything loaded up and took off. We went about halfway and then stopped to have lunch. ('Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter's is a guide for lots of camping/rafting trips, and they had EVERYTHING! A portable table, fresh vegetables, sandwiches, etc. It was awesome!)
Then we got back on the raft for the more difficult FUN part of the river. Oh my gosh, YOU GUYS! I was dying laughing the entire time!! 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' and his stepbrother, Mikiel, were in front and they were paddling SO hard, and then we would hit a big wave- and they would be up in the air (not even close to the water) and they would still be paddling SO hard! (I'm laughing so hard just thinking about it!)
I had the absolute BEST time and I cannot wait to do it again!!
After we finished the rafting trip, we had to pack up and head to the airport. (Where we took a ridiculously small plane to Seattle. I hate flying, so this was NOT fun for me. haha!)

*Have you ever been rafting before? 

*What was your favorite part of the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment