Friday, July 5, 2013

National Running Day 2013!

Happy National Running Day everyone!!

I posted this on my Facebook....

*Happy National Running Day everyone!! Get out there and feel the wind in your hair!! 
 I was looking forward to such a good run today. I have been taking it pretty easy haven't done anything since my race last weekend so I was more than ready for some sweat! I got even more excited when 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' said he would join me for my 4 mile run after work!

We left the house and he decided we should run the wrong way around the block (counterclockwise versus' clockwise). It was like a brand new run! I've run around my block (the "right" way) over a 100 times but I've never run it backwards.

Well, about 100 yards into the run I felt my hair getting lose. I went to redo my ponytail- BOOM! my hair-tie snaps and goes flying into the road. I'm left there running, holding my hair up with my hand; asking 'Mr. Sprinkles and Glitter' if he has an extra hair tie. He doesn't, go figure!

I couldn't hold my hair the entire run and when I let it go I felt like I should be running in slow motion on a beach somewhere. So that definitely wasn't going to work. I braided it and then tucked it into the side of my tank top. It wasn't pretty but it worked. I would have to redo it every 10-15 minutes, but it was better than the alternative.

Overall, we did 4.15 REALLY hot miles. It wasn't bad- but I could definitely feel that I was still sore from the race.

Did you get out there and run today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment